Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help Please! Employment Bond in an Unregistered company

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

katep20

Arresto Menor

Hi Attorney! I hope you can help me on this as this problem is causing me sleepless nights. I signed an employment contract 6 months ago with a Training bond of Php100,000 for 2 years because they sent me abroad. But I didn't take any trainings there in which I got certificates. I resigned immediately last month for multiple reasons - I can no longer take the management (I felt like I've hit the end of the line), high level of stress which can trigger my previous medical condition, no mandatory benefits. Now my boss got really angry and is threatening to file case against me because of the bond. He even emails me harsh words. It's just a small company with less than 10 people here in philippines and less than 10 people abroad. They are not registered here in the philippines, they don't pay taxes for 4 years of operating here. They don't pay our mandatory benefits as well. Now they said they have already registered but with a different name vs what's stated in my contract and they don't have the business permit yet but still continue the business. Here are my questions Atorney:

1) Can they really sue me for the bond even if they are not a registered business here in the philippines?

2) I've sent my apology already but my boss still continues to send me mean messages. I don't want to make this issue bigger but if they would really file a case against me, I would also like to inform BIR about their tax evasion for 4 years. Do you think it's okay to do it?

3) I currently don't have a job now because I felt like I really needed rest from all of this so I have no money to pay them. Also, we're having a financial problem because someone from my family just got hospitalized. If this really goes to court, what's the worst thing that could happen to me? Will I go to jail? Will they send police officers to my house?

I really need an advise of what's the best option I can do for now. Please help Attorney. Thank you so much in advance.

attyLLL

definitely no jail because there was no crime. if they actually sue you, then your defense is whether the training was worth 100k.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

katep20

Arresto Menor

Good day Attorney! Thanks for your response. There is actually no training or seminar that happened. The 100k is for the expenses they paid for my travel abroad. My boss still continues to send me emails, even threatening me that if I don't respond I'll be in the worst situation. He said he doesn't care if I don't have money. All that matters to him is for me to pay the bond. My officemate's attorney friend advised me to just not reply at all. Can you please advise me on that attorney? Please.

Also, if they sued me and it's indeed worth 100k, I don't have money to pay them - I don't have savings or any assets. What would they do to me then?

Thank you so much Attorney

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum