Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HELP! Query regarding the conflicting references of the Family Code, articles 103 &130

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

leonhart

Arresto Menor

CONFLICTING REFERENCES REGARDING THE PERIOD WITHIN WHICH TO LIQUIDATE UNDER ARTICLES 103 & 130 OF THE FAMILY CODE:

*RBSI Editorial Staff (2011 edition) provides: art.103 – ONE YEAR; art.130 – ONE YEAR/SIX MONTHS
Verbatim Quotation:

*Persons and Family Relations, Paras (2008 edition) provides: art.103 – (codal says ONE YEAR) / (annotation says SIX MONTHS); art.130 – SIX MONTHS
Verbatim Quotation:

*ChanRobles & LawPhil (2014) provides: art.103&130 – SIX MONTHS
Verbatim Quotation:

*Jose Nolledo (1988 edition) provides: art.103&130 – ONE YEAR
Verbatim Quotation:

*Go vs Go (G.R. No. 157537) provides: art. 130– ONE YEAR/SIX MONTHS
Verbatim Quotation:
Hello. Though, to my mind, the question as to the period — six months or one year — within which to liquidate might be immaterial for the important question to ask is whether the liquidation is made before or after the act of any disposition or encumbrance.

But I still want to know the correct period within which to liquidate the community/conjugal properties upon the termination of the marriage by death under articles 103 and 130 of the Family Code? and, why is it that different references have conflicting provisions regarding the period?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum