Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

When criminal case for tax evasion commences under R.A. 9480

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

tax vader

Arresto Menor

R.A. 9480 is the law that grants availment of tax amnesty to taxpayers. Section 8 provides the exceptions to its coverage, particularly paragraph (e) which states: "Those with pending criminal cases for tax evasion and other criminal offenses under Chapter II of Title X of the NIRC of 1997, as amended, xxx". My question is when do you consider a criminal case commences, from the time a complaint-affidavit is filed before the DOJ, or from the time an Information is filed before the proper court? Thanks and may the force be with you! Twisted Evil

attyLLL

in cases of tax evasion, criminal proceedings begin upon the filing of the complaint with the doj.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

bonruiz

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon po,

Our office stopped deducting withholding taxes from us and told us to wait until they finalize some permits. They have stopped deducting taxes from us for more than 5 months already, we receive the same salary rate and the office regularly pays our SSS,PagIbig and Phil Health; except our withholding taxes. I need a 2011 ITR for proof of payment, they said I have to pay an accountant to do it for me. Isn't it the office should be held responsible for such negligence? and also be held responsible for the penalties in case of tax evasion charges? Is this not tax evasion already? Isn't this a crime already? Is the employee going to be held liable for the management's negligence? Kindly advise us on what measures to take. Salamat po.

Respectfully yours,
Bon Ruiz ,Tagaytay City

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum