Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEED ADVISE ABOUT UNPAID COOPERATIVE LOAN

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1loan - NEED ADVISE ABOUT UNPAID COOPERATIVE LOAN Empty NEED ADVISE ABOUT UNPAID COOPERATIVE LOAN Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:54 am

uncooperative

Arresto Menor

My wife used to be a teacher in a private school somewhere in Metro Manila. She left the school to be with me in Singapore on November 2006. Last week, we heard from a friend that the school's cooperative is planning to file charges against my wife for an unpaid debt. Here are my questions:

1. Does the cooperative have a case against my wife? If yes, what charges should we expect?

2. According to our source, the coop claimed that my wife's outstanding loan was 17k Php. They calculated an interest of 20k for the past 8 years which jacks up the outstanding amount to 37k. That is what they are planning to claim from my wife. Is this legal?

3. We never heard anything from the cooperative for the past years. They raised the issue only last week after more than 8 years of being dormant. Is it still valid?

4. My wife took out the loan when she was still single. She's been unemployed since 2006. Can the cooperative still claim payments from her given that she doesn't have any source of income?

Thanks!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum