Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unsigned Employment Contract

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1employment - Unsigned Employment Contract Empty Unsigned Employment Contract Thu May 22, 2014 7:38 am

xerxes143

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Good Day.

I have this situation wherein may natanggap akong offer na galing sa foreigner.
They hired me as an employee for their Manila branch which is to be built up pa.
I was a bit worrisome kung scam ba yun or hindi. May contract silang binigay sent through email. But I didn't sign it. I agreed to that contract through email. I didn't actually meet them pa. I just met them through skype. I give it a shot as an assurance na may trabaho ako pag natuloy. I didn't stop looking for other jobs even though may contract na ako na hindi ko pinirmahan. Let's call this company as Company A

Ngayon, may ibang offer ako na mas klaro at well established na sa Manila (Let's call this Company B). Stability wise, pinili ko yun kaysa sa Company A kasi mas may security and klaro yung benefits.

The problem is that Company A sent me a lot of e-books to review their technologies. I'm still hopeful that Company A will pursue in here.

Will there be a legal liability for me in case I turn my back on Company A? Will they be able to chase me for not fulfilling the contract?

Right now, Company A doesn't know that I've signed up for Company B. I don't know what to say. I would like to call it quits with Company A since Company B has clear mandated benefits and is already physical present in our area. While Company A is still finding an office and processing documents to setup their business here.

What would be the implications if I decided to hide from Company A? Cut all communications with Company A. Company A has my name and address. Would they be able to chase me for not complying with the contract that I didn't sign but I've only agreed on email? Can my response on my email that says that I agree to the contract be used against me? Is the signature equivalent to saying "I agree" on the email?

Please help po.

2employment - Unsigned Employment Contract Empty Re: Unsigned Employment Contract Thu May 22, 2014 9:24 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

Don't leave company A hanging. Pinapasweldo ka ba nila? pano arrangement? Your email acknowledgment makes your contract to them binding. Tell them up front na ayaw mo and resign properly.

3employment - Unsigned Employment Contract Empty Re: Unsigned Employment Contract Thu May 22, 2014 9:35 am

xerxes143

Arresto Menor

No salary yet. They just sent me the contract with my name and I didn't sign anything. I just said that I could start on the date specified in the contract.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum