Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Out of Corporation

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1corporation - Out of Corporation Empty Out of Corporation Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:57 am

kween23

Arresto Menor

Good day, i wish someone can provide answers to my questions regarding Corporation Issues. I am one of the director of this company [SEC registered corporation] and I wanted my name be remove from the papers coz unfortunately my co-directors are no longer giving me what suppose to be my part/share. If I file a legal complain, would I get my shares? can they still operate? will my name be removed? What am I supposed to do? What steps should I take? Need your expertise, please help. Thank you!

2corporation - Out of Corporation Empty Re: Out of Corporation Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:05 pm

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

In my opinion, There is No need for you to file a legal complaint. Since all you want is to be removed from directorship, i would suggest that you will SELL ALL your shares of stocks. Technically, by doing so and if all shares of stocks were sold, you will be removed from directorship, whether your co-directors like it or not, or even before the expiration of your term, because the corporation code provides that to be a director he/she must have for atleast 1 share of stock, as such is a continuing requirement during the tenure of directorship.

Further, if ALL your shares of stocks are sold, the following are the implications:
1. Removal from directorship;
2. You can get your respective share in equivalent monetary value;
3. Removal of your name/ownership in the stock and transfer book;
4. Although your name will not be removed from the list of incorporators as submitted in SEC, but theres no need to worry for that. (This will appy only if you are an incorporators)
5. The remaining directors will call an election to fill up the vacancy.
6. The corporation can still operate notwithstanding the vacancy of 1 director. This is only an internal matters that can be remedied easily.

3corporation - Out of Corporation Empty Re: Out of Corporation Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:59 pm

taxconsultantdavao

Reclusion Perpetua

your name , if you are one of the incorporators, will always remain with the Articles of Incorporation as one of the incorporators

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum