Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Duration of Temporary Employment Contract

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1employment - Duration of Temporary Employment Contract Empty Duration of Temporary Employment Contract Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:08 am

MLumbao

Arresto Menor

Good morning po Atty.!

Sana po ay matulungan nyo ako. Gusto ko lamang pong itanong kung ilang buwan po ang legal o allowed sa ating labor law, na contractual period para sa mga temporary employees na nagwowork sa production/manufacturing? pwede po ba na ang isang temporary employment contract ay may duration na 11.5 months?

Sana po ay matulungan nyo ako sa aking inquiry.

Maraming salamat po at God bless!

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

5 months- contractual

project employee- depends upon the completion of the project

MLumbao

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the reply HR Adviser. So, I could specify in the appointment letter that the worker is a project based employee for 11.5 months then after that the management will evaluate his performance if he met the criteria for a regular employment status?

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

for regular employee, probationary is only 5 months. Project employees are those who are hired that is co-terminus with a project. Example: construction worker

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

MLumbao wrote:Thank you for the reply HR Adviser. So, I could specify in the appointment letter that the worker is a project based employee for 11.5 months then after that the management will evaluate his performance if he met the criteria for a regular employment status?

You can not declare it as a project based since you said that it is a manufacturing company.Is this under agency? If they are under agency employment and the services they render is continuos they can be considered regular employees. Or else the employer will ba charge with LABOR ONLY CONTRACTING. AGAINST THE LAW..

MLumbao

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon po uli! Maraming salamat po unti-unti ko nang nalilinawan. YES, the production workers are under our agency. Ang gusto ko pong malaman, kapag may newly hired po kami ano po ang duration of appointment at anong type of employment (Temporary, Contractual..) and dapat naming i-indicate sa papipirmahan namin sa kanila.

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

contractual

MLumbao

Arresto Menor

Contractual for how many months po ang allowed? pag naka 6 months po ba automatic na regular employee na sila kahit walang evaluation? or 5 months lang po then irerenew na lng po? Sa local agency nga po pla ako nagwowork kaya gusto kong iklaro ito nang naaayon sa ating batas at hindi madehado ang ating mga manggagawa. Sana po ay mutulungan nyo akong malinawan ang bagay na ito. maraming salamat po.

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

5 months only.. if it reaches 6 months, the employee can be considered as regular

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum