Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Problems with Employment Contract

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1employment - Problems with Employment Contract Empty Problems with Employment Contract Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:07 am

rasr101

Arresto Menor

Good day,

My husband is an artist who works for this certain company which has unusual contracts with their employees. By unusual, I mean the following:

1. They claim that their artists are considered "self-employed," which is why the company does not provide benefits. But the contract states that the artists are required to report from Monday to Friday, from 9am-6pm. Tardiness and undertime results in deduction of their basic pay.

2. The contracts do not have indicated timelines (it should include the dates when the project will start and when it will end, right?)

3. The employees do not receive copies of their notarized contracts.

And the contracts say nothing about overtime, so they usually work from 10-12 hours everyday, even Saturdays, Sundays and holidays sometimes, without pay.

Could we be clarified about what the law says about the above issues?

We're considering to go to DOLE, but we've been informed that someone had tried to do the same thing before but it was in vain.

We would also appreciate any recommendation from you on the next steps to take.

Thanks.

P.S.

The company seems allergic when employees involve lawyers... The last time employees brought lawyers, they were all kicked out...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum