Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is the Law Accepted Interest Rate on a Cash Loan with House & Lot Collateral?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jhnavarro

Arresto Menor

Hi Free Legal Advice Philippine Team!

I wanted to know on what is the legal interest rate on the case below:

1. My friend to give me his house and lot TCT as collateral in exchange that I will lend him a PHP100K cash.
2. Estimated House Lot Value is around PHP3.5M.
3. We are both willing to execute a notarized legal documents.
4. If in case at the worst scenario, I dont wan't to end up in the court later that the interest I imposed is not acceptable to Philippine Law.
5. We are both Filipinos of legal age located in Metro Manila.

Please advise.

Thanks and best regards,

jhnavarro

RolDeej

Arresto Menor

Legal interest is 6% However, as long as the rate is not usurious - that is unreasonable ang interest rate --you can impose any interest rate as long as willing naman ang other party.

RolDeej

Arresto Menor

Addition: kailangan na yung stipulation for payment of interest in writing. That is, meron kayong promissory note or loan agreement. If Hindi in writing yung interest, di pwede mag impose ng interest

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum