Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Resignation on Bond Employment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bond - Resignation on Bond Employment Empty Resignation on Bond Employment Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:44 am

charliegee

Arresto Menor

Im with the company for 4 months now still under probation and Im planning to file a resignation. I would like to know if this is possible and if there will be any penalties because of the contracts I signed:

1) It was indicated in my employment contract that a probationary employee may resign at least 35 days prior to the effectivity date of his resignation. (Is 35 days notice legal? Other companies require only 30 days notice.)

2) There is another separate contract/memorandum stating that they will send their employee to attend 5 trainings that will bond him to the company for 2 years. (As of today, I have attended only 1 of the said trainings.)

- The employee should not work with the company's competitors within 1 year after the 2 year bond expires. And if the employee pre-terminates, the 1 year prohibition still start the day after the 2 year bond expires. (Based on this, employee CAN pre-terminate. but the problem is, there is no other section in the contracts stating the condition in case the employee has already attended a training)

- Violation will cause the employee P300,000.

Do you think there are conflicts/contradictions bewtween the employment contract and memorandum? If i file my resignation, would there be any problem?

2bond - Resignation on Bond Employment Empty Re: Resignation on Bond Employment Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:42 pm

attyLLL

1) 30 days
2) if the training was already conducted, then at least a partial bond

read up on 'employment bond' in the forum

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum