Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Redundancy of employment and expectations during 30-day notice

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

iderevko

Arresto Menor

Our company handed down a redundancy notice to many of its employees. The reason for the redundancy measures were clarified to us. We understand that our services are no longer required due to redundancy of position. We were given 30 days notice and were required to still come in to work during this period. However, it is in our understanding as well that the 30 day notice is to allow time for the redundant employees to seek suitable employment elsewhere. It is in our understanding as well that this 30 day notice is for us to make arrangement on the transitioning of our tasks.

Prior to this redundancy notice, our company has a redeployment program for cases where staff reduction is demanded by the client. They have 15 days to find us another position to avoid being let go by the company. AS employees we were expected to attend interviews and exams for the role we applied for during this 15 day redeployment period. That didn't happen and so it eventually led to us being "redundated."

Unfortunately, this 15 day period, we were also cut off from all tasks and updates we normally do and get in our role. And yet after the redundancy notice was handed down to us, my manager still requires me to do the same tasks, attend the same meetings, and provide the same reports for the next 30 days, to which in my understanding is for us to transition our task to the retained employees in the same position.

WHat legal action can we file for this scenario?

Also, my manager has been verbally abusive for the past 2 weeks since our redeployment program. My manager verbally blamed me for the disciplinary action that was handed down to her for an inefficiency in a task.

I still have to stay for 30 days before the termination of our employment from the company. I have no problems of doing the same tasks but unfortunately, my manager is becoming more abusive day by day. My co-employees have witnessed how our manager mistreated me for the past 2 weeks. What should I do?

attyLLL

no, on those 30 days, you are still required to render service to the company unless the employer waives it

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum