Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employment Bond

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bond - Employment Bond Empty Employment Bond Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:50 am

marendulay

Arresto Menor

I was previously employed to a company and signed a 2 year contract with P100,000 bond. I resigned after 5 months before my regularization because I could no longer bear the emotional and physical stress with the project assigned to me. After 2 months, I received a letter from the company demanding me to pay the bond in 10 days.

Are there in any ways I could ask the company to waive the bond they are demanding? considering that I received no paid training and resigned before I became a regular employee.

What possible implications or penalties may be charged to me if I opted not to pay the bond?

Need your advise asap.
Thank you very much

2bond - Employment Bond Empty Re: Employment Bond Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:39 am

zulfikarl

lawyer

@marendulay

1. Are there in any ways I could ask the company to waive the bond they are demanding? considering that I received no paid training and resigned before I became a regular employee.

Answer: I would like to know first what was the reason for the bond?

2. What possible implications or penalties may be charged to me if I opted not to pay the bond?

Answer: It is mere civil liability. You don't go to prison for breach of contract. What they will do is to file a civil case in court for the enforcement of your contract. But it will take time. After a judgment in their favor is made, the Sheriff will look for any property from the defeated party to attach for the payment of the obligation plus damages, attorney fees etc.

3bond - Employment Bond Empty Re Employment bond Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:22 pm

marendulay

Arresto Menor

Thanks for your immediate response, with regards on the reason for the bond, the contract states that

'If for any reason, terminate your employment with the company at your volition, or were terminated for cause, before you complete the twenty 24 months of service from your start date, you agree to indemnify (the company) the amount P100,000.00 to cover all expenses incurred in relation to your employment. The cost includes, but not limited to, recruitment expenses, classroom or on-the-job training, computer-based training and other related administrative costs.'

4bond - Employment Bond Empty Re: Employment Bond Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:02 pm

attyLLL

please search for the other threads on employment bond. for me, you are only liable if you unjustly enriched yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum