Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

passport filing using single when she was already married.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jenskicute

Arresto Menor

A good friend has filed a passport and she has used single when she was already married. She was issued with a passport April of 2009. Now she wants to change her marital status from single to married. Will she be denied of a passport for that? Will she be penalized/convicted for that? If ever, what penalties/offenses?

Date of Marriage: Dec 18, 2008.
Reason for declaring single: She said she can't provide an NSO authenticated Marriage certificate since they have just got married and that she can only claim the NSO Mariage cert 6 months after their marriage.

Thank you very much and God bless

attyLLL

to make sure, you should contact the DFA. I remember that an application form for a passport is not a sworn statement so she could not be held for perjury. make it appear that the passport is simply being updated with her new status.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

jenskicute

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much for replying... This means so much.

"I SOLEMNLY SWEAR that 1) I am a Filipino citizen. 2) The information I provided in this application is true and correct. 3) The supporting
documents attached are authentic. 4) I have not been issued a passport under any other name. 5) I am aware that under the law, I am
allowed to hold only one Philippine passport at any given time. 6) I am aware that making false statements in passport application furnishing
falsified or forged documents in support thereof are punishable by law."

The above is written in the passport application form... Since she was ISSUED with a passport APRIL of 2009 where-in she declared that she was single when she was already married, she was totally scared to change her marital status...

She really wants to change her status and is very willing to apply for a petition to change status but she is hesitant because she was really afraid the DFA would charge her of something due to not telling the truth when she first applied and had been issued a passport.

I hope to hearing from you ASAP.

God Bless you.

Last edited by jenskicute on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)

attyLLL

i don't have my form anymore, but when i applied for my passport, i don't remember it being sworn to. there has to be an act of actual swearing regardless if the form says so. the process may have changed since then.

anyway to be safe, try an anonymous call to the dfa and inquire about their procedure regarding this situation.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum