Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Undue Credit Card Charges

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1credit - Undue Credit Card Charges Empty Undue Credit Card Charges Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:32 am

maverick76523

Arresto Menor

Hi! OFW po ako since 2010 and am presently here abroad. Meron po akong Philippine-issued credit cards since 2008 pa - BDO and HSBC. In 2008, I signed a donation form for WWF (BDO) and UNICEF (HSBC) to auto-charge my respective credit cards for certain amount. Sa donation forms naka-indicate dun ung expiry dates ng respective cards - June 2012 (BDO) and July 2012 (HSBC). So continuous lang po ang charging until nga dumating ung expiry dates. Kahit nandito ako abroad, I never fail to pay my obligations online before the due date - most of the time the full outstanding amount, seldom, less than the full outstanding but never minimum payment even when I was there back in the Phil. In fact, I have very good credit record.

Nung ng-expire ung BDO last June 2012, they stopped charging me for the WWF donation since nga expired na ung card. They sent me (via my Philippine billing address) a renewal card at active pa ito ‘til now, without charges for WWF donation which they stopped since according nga sa form up to 2012 lang validity ng card.

However, my problem is with HSBC. Nung ng-expire ung card, nawalan ako ng online access so that I cannot monitor the transactions in the card. I asked them why I can't log-in online and they informed me that since the card was expired, I need to receive the new card first and sort-of-activate it by calling them to verify that I really got the new card with the verification code at the back of the card. For my security ko daw ito.
Now through email nag-last ng 4 months ung palitan ng conversation namin na hindi ko pa narereciv ung card at wala akong online access so pano ko mave-verify ung charges. Ngbayad ako ng renewal fee at corresponding charges for UNICEF contribution kahit wala akong bill na nareciv for about 4 months. Via phone call ko lang nalalaman ung bill. So kahit expired na ung card charge pa rin sila ng charge sa UNICEF donation. When I asked them to close the account in November 2012, ayaw nila itong i-close kc may mga Unicef charges daw ako (July - Nov) and I have to inform Unicef not to charge me. That time, ng-email ako sa Unicef not to further charge me in succeeding months dahil iko-close ko na yon which they accepted (I told them in due time, I will resume my donation via another card). So binayaran ko na naman lahat ng dues + finance charges and told HSBC again to close the account. So nag-agree naman ang HSBC after I settled their dubious charges. After a week, I received a call from them telling me na sayang naman na iko-close ko ung card which I paid for the renewal fee already. So they promise to waive 50% of the annual fee which will be reflected in the next bill daw and deliver the card here in my PO box abroad. Sinabi ko pa nga sa CSR so “wala akong balance at may excess payment pa ako nyan” which she confirmed with me. Sadly, I never got the card nor the bills, so I assumed na ok na lahat.
So settled na talaga lahat and wala dapat ako outstanding even for Unicef . So from Nov 2012 to Jan 2013 walang paper bill na dumating from HSBC sa address ko sa Pinas . Suddenly this Feb 2013, my family received a bill indicating finance charges. I'm wondering kung ano tong mga to dahil settled na nga. I emailed them recently why I have finance charges and I told them again to close the account since I am not using it and I didn’t receive it pero they insisted they can't close it until I settled all bills.

I want to sue them sa panloloko at pang-gigipit nila. May right po ba ako not to settle the amount which they are claiming since I don't have the renewal card, don't have online access, did not ask them to re-activate it and they agreed in Nov 2012 to close it after I settled the Unicef bill & finance charges. Then they offered me not to close it after a week via telcon and just have it as stand-by in case I need to use it in the future. Now they are charging me for I don't know what. Hindi naman po kalakihan ang amount pero nakakainis dahil libo-libo din naman un at pinaghihirapan ko dito na kumita ng maayos para lang mapunta sa walang ka-kwenta-kwentang finance charge na wala naman akong binili. I have all proof – emails/correspondences between HSBC and Unicef regarding this matter. Ok lang sana kung talagang napunta sa Unicef un, but the problem is may finance charge pa silang nalalaman for earlier Unicef bills during the time na supposed to be ay expired na ang card. Legal ba ung pag-charge nila even when the old card is expired at d ko pa narereciv ung renewal card. I don’t want to settle it anymore dahil nga my conscience is clear and have proof that everything is settled. Ang kaso, they won’t close it at lalaki lang ang finance charge over time and my reputation and credit standing na inalagaan ko ng husto over the years ay masisira lang ng basta-basta pag inignore ko lang ito at di bayaran. I want to pursue legal action against them. Or can I just simply ignore it na lang dahil wala naman talaga akong obligations na sa kanila. Please advice. Thanks a lot in advance.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum