Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

resigning but has a bond

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bond - resigning but has a bond Empty resigning but has a bond Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:59 pm

mjjinon

Arresto Menor

------

Last edited by mjjinon on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:41 am; edited 2 times in total

2bond - resigning but has a bond Empty Re: resigning but has a bond Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:42 pm

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

Your case is the same with the Pilots of Philippine Airlines, wherein, the Company(PAL) send those Pilots in abroad to have their proper training at the expense of the airline company, provided that they will serve the company for a determinative number of years, but then the pilots tendered their resignation prior to the termination of their service contract. The supreme court ruled in favor of the company(PAL)stating that the pilots can Resign PROVIDED they should PAY the remaining years of their term as agreed in their service contract otherwise they(pilots) unjustly enriched themselves at the expense of another(PAL).

Similar case with yours and decided by the supreme court.

mjjinon wrote:

I would like to know if I will be resigning now I am still going to pay for the bond right?

Yes, because of the principle of unjust enrichment.

mjjinon wrote:
Can I use the previous form (which is not a work contract or job description, only numerical details against them)

No, because of your subsequent contract of undertaking for training, this, in effect supersedes your previous contract.

mjjinon wrote:
Will there be a possibility that they file a case against me... if I resigned with proper notice for not completing a project?

Yes for breach of contract and unjust enrichment, same reason in the case of PAL.

mjjinon wrote:
Another concern of mine is what if I already filed a resignation letter and they will not accept it. What should be my next step?

You are obliged to render your service.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum