Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Car Insurance Problems

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1insurance - Car Insurance Problems  Empty Car Insurance Problems Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:13 pm

bookishnymph

Arresto Menor

Hello, everyone. Am new here and came upon this forum out of desperation. My car was swallowed up by the waters of Habagat last August. I just got my new insurance last June with PNB Gen, my car turned 1 year old then. The offer of PNB Gen initially was 400k to cover for Acts of God. I showed them the insurance offering from a different supplier and advised that if they can match it I will sign up with them. They agreed to match the offer of the other insurance company raising the coverage to 550k in exchange that I pay for more than the initial offer they had. I agreed to this and paid the extra for the increase. Now I am filing a claim the initial coverage that they were giving me was 442k. This amount was not enough to cover even my loan for the bank. I asked them why they agreed to increase my coverage for 550k when this was not feasible on their end? I told them that 442k is not acceptable. They returned with another offer of 472k. After 2 months, my loan amount already went down to 498k since I still made payments to the bank regularly for the car loan. I asked them to at least pay the 498k, never mind that they agreed to raise my coverage to an amount that it not feasible for them.

In line with this, I just want to ask if I am wrong in asking for the said amount. The thing is, if they did not agree to raise the coverage to 550k I wouldn't have signed up with them. But since they agreed, I figured they are good wit this amount as a coverage. But I am not having problems with my claim. It has been two months already and no satisfactory results.

I would greatly appreciate your advice regarding this. Thanks in advance.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum