Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Double Taxation

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1taxation - Double Taxation Empty Double Taxation Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:43 pm

blastermaverick

Arresto Menor

magandang araw po attorney, itatanong ko lang sana po kung ano un tinatatawag na double taxation? paano po ang nalalaman na ang isang empleyado ay dapata magfile ng double taxation? Ano po ang consequences kung sakali hindi na-apply eto sa natakdang oras

2taxation - Double Taxation Empty Re: Double Taxation Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:35 pm

attyLLL

it just means that a certain income is taxed 2 or more times before it gets to the hands of the person who earned it. you should look at the deductions that was made on your salary which should only be taxed once for income tax.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3taxation - Double Taxation Empty Re: Double Taxation Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:51 am

bluegrass

Arresto Menor

I am a condo property owner. My Association has just imposed a VAT tax on my condo fees, citing a recent BIR Circular. However, our management office pays VAT on a lot of our procurements and contracts for services. These are paid for with the dues, which have already been VAT-taxed. Isn't this double-taxation? If our condo dues are taxed for VAT, shouldn't the Association then have an exemption from further VAT taxes? Thank you

Last edited by bluegrass on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake in spelling)

4taxation - Double Taxation Empty Re: Double Taxation Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:59 am

attyLLL

that's not how vat works, and i'm afraid all condo owners are going to have to suffer through this until the condo code is amended or a petition in court stops the BIR.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5taxation - Double Taxation Empty Re: Double Taxation Wed May 15, 2013 11:45 am

roxy1206

Arresto Menor

I understand that under Revenue Memorandum Circular 65-2012, association dues collected by condominium corporation are subject to income tax and VAT. Our property management has implemented this starting January 2013. However, I feel that we are being cheated when it comes to overdue payments. Condominium dues with 12% vat are once again subjected to another 12% the following month if it is not paid on time as well as the penalties. I believe that since it has already been subjected to 12% vat, it should then only be subjected to penalties (plus vat) for the next months that it remains unpaid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum