Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forced Place Insurance on 1st and 2nd Mortgages

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kathywarner39

Arresto Menor

I have a first mortgage thru Wells Fargo and a second thru Citimortgage. Due to a variety of problems, my homeowners insurance was cancelled and I could not get a replacement policy since I had two claims in the past 5 years (one was only $400 for a flooded garage. The other about 5K home burglary). Both Wells and Citimortgage placed insurance. On the Citi account, my payment amount went up by $500 and about $300 on the Wells. Can they both place insurance policies?

Doesnt the policy on the first cover the second? Citi tells me that each policy only protects the interest of the individual mortgage company. THis is such a ripoff. I keep getting get the run around and have been on the phone trying to get help for at least 5 hours. I submitted a loan modification request which went into a black hole and they never did anything with it. THanks for your help. Kathy

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum