Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rights of an Independent Contractor against an Employer

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Briella2431

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I'm grateful to have found this page since I've been wanting to seek legal advice regarding my concern. I am an independent contractor working at home for a Singaporean company (a database marketing agency) doing lead generation and appointment setting for 8 months now,I feel that my employer has been treating her employees unfairly.There were 2 instances that she did not pay my daily rate because of a data that was deleted due to technical errors,she just said that I will not get paid due to this. She also chose PH holidays instead of SG holidays as paid holidays for us(we have a total of 4 Filipino employees working for her home based)but she decides subjectively on what holidays will get paid.I would just like to know if independent contractors like me have legal rights and if there's any, would like to know what those are.I would like to file a complaint against her.I'm unsure of what to do since we work from home and its a Singaporean company, I don't know if the complaint needs to be filed somewhere else or what the procedure is. I really want this complaint to escalate and be able to teach her a lesson about rightful treatment of employees.

Thank you in advance for the help that you'll be extending to me.More power!

Briella

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum