Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vehicle parked on my property - Can I claim for storage

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

daveell

Arresto Menor

Hi,

The company i was working for went into administration in February and without any warning i was left with my leased company vehicle sat on my drive, The Insurance was cancelled and so were the payments to the lease company, I was informed not to drive it as the insurance had been cancelled and told the lease company would be picking it up in due course. Three months later and the vehicle was still on my drive causing me problems, I had to park my own car accross the road, I had neighbours complaining as no vans are supposed to be allowed on my estate (Its a Twin Cab Pick-up Truck) and was also informed i would be causing an offence just by driving it onto the road without insurance). At this point i had no idea who the lease company were as there was nothing in the vehicle to trace them, I wrote to the DVLA to request the registered keeper information explaining the situation and paying the £2 fee, I never heard anything back. Due to the complaints from neighbours and the fact the Tax ran out on 30/06 i Paid £14 to insure the vehicle myself for a day and last week moved it to the car park of a workshop unit i rent from the council which is a few miles away.

Finally today without any phone call or warning a guy from the lease company turned up at my house to pick the vehicle up, I gave him the directions of where to find it and got a receipt with the lease company's details.

What i want to know is -
Can I legally charge the leasing company for having the vehicle parked on my land and the expenses of trying to trace them and moving it? If so how would i go about it.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum