Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CAR ACCIDENT WITH AN UNINSURED PARKED VEHICLE

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cykeagustin

Arresto Menor

I recently had an accident and bumped into a car parked on our street. The car is unregistered and uninsured. I had an affidavit notarized owning the fault of the accident. My insurance asked for the third party to provide a notarized affidavit to confirm that his car isn’t registered or insured. He declined and instead is demanding that his car be fixed in a week otherwise he will filed charges (not sure what charge it would be). I suspect that one of the reasons he doesnt not want to give an affidavit is because he uses the unregistered car at night when he goes to work. I know this because his car is not in his garage or on our street when i pass by at night from work. My questions are: 1) can he make such a demand? 2) Since my insurance covers TPL, should his concern be directed towards my insurance company instead of me? Thank you.

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

1. yes he can.
2. unfortunately, the other party has no obligation to work with you to have the expense covered by your insurance.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum