Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

ABout Solo parents privilege

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ABout Solo parents privilege  Empty ABout Solo parents privilege Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:21 am

christine0215

Arresto Menor

Dear atty;

I want to seek advice about this matter,
I asked a proposal to our company to use this privilege of mine being a solo parent, wherein i am asking them if they can lessen my time during saturday, that instead of 5am i opt to change it to 7am - 11 am, wherein i just handle my school classes.though i have a 2 reg classes suring sat, they have a capability to transfer it or to change it. As per they are saying, its not possible for now, eventhough im a solo parent. As they said, each everyone of us have a rights, not only a solo parent like me.i dont think that i asked them too much, because i proposed them to lessen my work time during sat, not removal of it,for them as well not to have a burden about the worforce since im a regular one and i have a remaining classes.
like for example, my reg time is 5am - 11 am during sat. not included in my contract, now im requesting to change it from 7-11 am..they will just remove 3 of my classes and transfer it to other teacher. am i too beggar about this matter ? am i asking them too much? am i such a bad employer to them for asking this privilege of mine given by the govnt.? I am badly in need of your advice atty.what am i going to do to let them grant my request.?

Section 16. Flexible Work Schedule – The employer shall provide for a flexible work schedule for solo parents: Provided, That the same shall not affect individual and company productivity: Provided further, That any employer may request exemption from the above requirements from the DOLE on certain meritorious grounds.
In the case of employees in the government service, flexible working hours will be subject to the discretion of the head of the agency. In no case shall the weekly working hours be reduced in the event the agency adopts the flexible working hours schedule format (flexi-time). In the adoption of flexi-time, the core working hours shall be prescribed taking into consideration the needs of the service..

Thank you so much, and im looking forward for your responce.

Sincerely yours,,

Tin23

2ABout Solo parents privilege  Empty Re: ABout Solo parents privilege Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:48 pm

attyLLL

what is the nature of your work?

your remedy is to file a dispute at dole.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3ABout Solo parents privilege  Empty Re: ABout Solo parents privilege Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:21 am

christine0215

Arresto Menor

Im working as ESL tuitor (teaching english to a korean Nationals ) BPO industry... Ive been working here for almost 4 years.

4ABout Solo parents privilege  Empty Re: ABout Solo parents privilege Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:06 pm

attyLLL

i recommend you ask for a shift that you are comfortable with rather than a flexi sched.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum