Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

SOLO PARENT/

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SOLO PARENT/  Empty SOLO PARENT/ Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:32 am

breonsee

Arresto Menor

Good morning.

My Boss declined my solo parent leave during the time na nabagok ang anak ko at nasa hospital nung october. Katwiran nya, it does not adhere to the rule na dapat naisubmit ang Solo parent Leave request 72 hours prior to the day of leave. Does this violate my right as a solo parent based on the law?

2nd: i requested for a specific change of schedule due to health reasons and the conflict of the person who takes care of my daughter. They declined it. Di po ba may rights ang solo parent for a FLEXI sched?

Kindly advise me naman po in this issue. Thanks.

2SOLO PARENT/  Empty Re: SOLO PARENT/ Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:52 pm

attyLLL

first, do you have a solo parent id and did you inform your employer? if yes, then your remedy is to file a complaint at the nearest dole office

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3SOLO PARENT/  Empty Re: SOLO PARENT/ Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:43 pm

breonsee

Arresto Menor

yes po. i have a solo parent id and they have a copy of it every january of the year.

4SOLO PARENT/  Empty Re: SOLO PARENT/ Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:55 pm

attyLLL

write a letter to your hr so that when you make a report to dole, you have some evidence of the rejection

5SOLO PARENT/  Empty Re: SOLO PARENT/ Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:47 pm

icewind999

Arresto Menor

Good evening Attorneys,

I am a single parent and I am currently going through some rough times at work because of my work schedule. Iam currently in late midshift (12NN-10PM) and I am requesting for an earlier work schedule (like 9AM-7PM) as I have health conditions and I have a 7-year old son to take care of. My boss said that he has no choice but to transfer me to another project wherein I will no longer be a teamlead because of my inflexibility in terms of work sched. He knows that I am a single parent. I was able to read through RA8972 (Solo Parent Act), and I was able to note that solo parents can request for Flexible Work Schedule:

Section 16. Flexible Work Schedule – The employer shall provide for a flexible
work schedule for solo parents: Provided, That the same shall not affect individual and
company productivity: Provided further, That any employer may request exemption
from the above requirements from the DOLE on certain meritorious ground

I would just like to ask what are the possible meritorious grounds which an employer can ask from DOLE, for them not to grant a request for a flexible work schedule.

Looking forward to your response on this. Thank you very much.

6SOLO PARENT/  Empty Re: SOLO PARENT/ Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:08 pm

attyLLL

in my opinion, the nature of the work should also be flexible, and being a team lead should require you to be there. if your boss is willing to accommodate you through a transfer without diminution of salary, i would consider that substantial compliance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum