Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Temporary Lay Off

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Temporary Lay Off Empty Temporary Lay Off Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:39 pm

littlecharm2

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty.

I am a call center agent and I have been identified as one of the affected employees due to our LOB (line of business closure)and was placed on a temporary lay off since Nov 21,2011.

Based from our labor code do I need to wait for 2 mos for re - profiling opportunities or after 30 days on a TLO without a new account I can request for my severance pay.

It is said on the memo that if I refuse to participate or fail to satisfy or comply with the requirements of the Recruitment team shall be deemed as an opportunity. What does it mean?

I really need your advice... Thank you!

2Temporary Lay Off Empty Re: Temporary Lay Off Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:14 pm

attyLLL

so your account really closed? you are not being paid your salary? is the company still hiring?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Temporary Lay Off Empty Re: Temporary Lay Off Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:01 pm

littlecharm2

Arresto Menor

yes atty. the company is still hiring and my previous account is already closed... There was already a position offered to me. I had the written exam and interview however it seems that I didnt pass the qualifications.

I no longer want to be re - profile.

4Temporary Lay Off Empty Re: Temporary Lay Off Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:47 pm

attyLLL

if you resign, you will not be entitled to anything. if no assignment is given to you in 6 months, then you will be entitled to separation pay. or you can file a complaint for illegal dismissal and claim that there's no basis for the lay off because they are still hiring.

5Temporary Lay Off Empty Re: Temporary Lay Off Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Jaht

Arresto Menor

Follow up on this atty,
Same situation, Our program closed without a 30-day notice and we were put on bench. What the company plans to do is to transfer us to another program. Is it ok if we decline that offer and just ask for separation pay? Does redundancy apply here?

6Temporary Lay Off Empty Re: Temporary Lay Off Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:13 pm

attyLLL

no, it is the company's prerogative whether they will deem you redundant.

7Temporary Lay Off Empty Re: Temporary Lay Off Tue May 19, 2015 12:14 am

angelfiend

Arresto Menor

Hello and good day po. Im seeking help on a temporary lay off din po. i was assigned on a technical support account since feb of 2011, bumaba daw po un volume ng workload nmin so what they did was make a list of people who had attendance issues and placed us on a tlo. I was given the notice feb 3 indicating that my tlo will start 1 month afater the notice. I checked with dole and found out that they filed it jan 30,2015 And ang sbi po skin ng dole rep eh wala daw po irregularities dun s pglagay s amin.

After a couple of weeks I learned na meron daw pong opening s office nmin for another technical support account and pioneer account sya. The job postins started march, na hindi manlang po inoffer sa amin n mga na tlo un postion. So I consulted with a pao stationed in nlrc and ang sbi po sa akin na pde daw po akong mgfilet ng complaint. Kso wala pong clear na info, like kung anong magiging grounds at kung ano un actual na ilalagay ko s complaint. Although we already have a scheduled dialogue this end of the month, im really scared ksi wala po akong matinonf nakuhang info dun s pao. So I guess my question po is:

A. Ano po ba ang tamang complaint na ilalagay ko. Is it illegal dismissal or unfair labor practice?
b. if they offered to re-instate me is it ok for me to reject the offer since obviously they do not want to have us back on the payroll despite being notified of the complaint.
C. kung matuloy man po sya na formal complaint is it ok na po na mghanap ako ng bagong trabaho or would that tantamount to a resignation pa rin.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

8Temporary Lay Off Empty Re: Temporary Lay Off Tue May 19, 2015 5:13 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

angelfiend wrote:Hello and good day po. Im seeking help on a temporary lay off din po. i was assigned on a technical support account since feb of 2011, bumaba daw po un volume ng workload nmin so what they did was make a list of people who had attendance issues and placed us on a tlo. I was given the notice feb 3 indicating that my tlo will start 1 month afater the notice. I checked with dole and found out that they filed it jan 30,2015 And ang sbi po skin ng dole rep eh wala daw po irregularities dun s pglagay s amin.

After a couple of weeks I learned na meron daw pong opening s office nmin for another technical support account and pioneer account sya. The job postins started march, na hindi manlang po inoffer sa amin n mga na tlo un postion. So I consulted with a pao stationed in nlrc and ang sbi po sa akin na pde daw po akong mgfilet ng complaint. Kso wala pong clear na info, like kung anong magiging grounds at kung ano un actual na ilalagay ko s complaint. Although we already have a scheduled dialogue this end of the month, im really scared ksi wala po akong matinonf nakuhang info dun s pao. So I guess my question po is:

A. Ano po ba ang tamang complaint na ilalagay ko. Is it illegal dismissal or unfair labor practice?
b. if they offered to re-instate me is it ok for me to reject the offer since obviously they do not want to have us back on the payroll despite being notified of the complaint.
C. kung matuloy man po sya na formal complaint is it ok na po na mghanap ako ng bagong trabaho or would that tantamount to a resignation pa rin.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

A. Hindi ka naman na-dismiss o pinaalis - you are still employed, so that doesn't count. Hindi rin pwedeng unfair labor practice since that is for those with unions only.

B. That would be in effect a resignation. You can always resign anytime by providing proper notice.

C. Eventually you wouldn't want to stay anymore when the result of the complaint comes out.

http://www.councilviews.com

9Temporary Lay Off Empty Re: Temporary Lay Off Tue May 19, 2015 9:40 am

angelfiend

Arresto Menor

Thank you po s prompt reply.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum