Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Temporary Lay-off

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Temporary Lay-off Empty Temporary Lay-off Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:24 pm

CPO employee

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I'm included to the group of employees that have been temporarily laid-off from our outsourcing company. Tama po ba pagkakaintindi ko na after six months (maximum period) pa po kami pwede marecall sa work or materminate permanently. By the way, all of are regular employees of the company.

My question is, in the duration of us being laid-off, as we will not be receiving a monthly salary, pwede ba kaming mag-apply sa ibang work? Iniisip naman po kasi pag nagpply kami, we won't be receiving a seperation pay since need na namin magresign nun. We have a strong feeling po kasi na hindi kami mare-recall. We all have families and we could not afford na matengga ng kahit isang buwan.

This is the first time I visited your site and I'm thankful that this kind of site exists. Hope you could help us out.

2Temporary Lay-off Empty Re: Temporary Lay-off Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:07 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

the term is.. you were put in floating status.. and yes.. pwede kayo maghanap nang ibang work.. kaya lang be ready pag ni recall kayo you have to go back.. otherwise.. co consider kayo as AWOL and they can terminate you.. kung after 6 months wala pa din mabigay na work sa inyo.. i re retrenched na kayo..

3Temporary Lay-off Empty Re: Temporary Lay-off Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:34 pm

CPO employee

Arresto Menor

thanks for the reply. i understand the condition of the term temp lay-off. pero wala po kasi kaming sahod during the "floating" months. maghihintay lang tlaga kami ng walang sahod until magdecide un company? pag nag-apply po ba kami mabibigyan pa kami ng seperation pay? 

i just feel the our condition is very much unfair for us. mas acceptable pa kung nalay-off at least we can receive compensation and we can make a move to find a job.

4Temporary Lay-off Empty Re: Temporary Lay-off Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:54 pm

attyLLL

my opinion here is that if the company is still continuously hiring for similar positions, you should be automatically transferred to them, else the floating status is illegal.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Temporary Lay-off Empty Re: Temporary Lay-off Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:25 pm

CPO employee

Arresto Menor

thanks attyLL. Sorry as I have another follow up question.

*we signed a contract bond that states that the company will shoulder the certification exam for medical coders three months after our employment and we have a 200,000K bond for two years plus non-compete cause. one year na po kami sa company at hindi na po kami ginawang licensed coders. binding pa rin po ba un 200,000k na bond? wala pa po kaming pinipirmahan na bagong contract except nun naregular kami which made no mention of the bond.

*since we are not certified coders, wala daw pong account para sa 'min hence, the lay-off happened. But currently they are hiring certified coders. may breech po bang nangyari? Razz

thank you!

6Temporary Lay-off Empty Re: Temporary Lay-off Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:08 pm

attyLLL

quote the exact provision

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum