Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

2 month deposit on apartment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12 month deposit on apartment Empty 2 month deposit on apartment Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:34 am

JA40

Arresto Menor

Good Day Atty! I just would want to ask for your advise as to our next step in claiming our 2 month deposit on the the duplex we rented. First, the landlord would not give the full amount (P18,000) because he said he repainted and refurbished the unit after we left to make it attractive for future tenant. He said he could only return 1 month deposit. Second, he could not give the deposit since there was still no one renting the place after 2 month (we left the place July). Is this lawful? We paid all the bills for the utilities and the place was in good condition when we left it. It's been 5 months now since we left the place and a new tenant rented the place last month, still the landlord has not given us our deposit back. We have not heard from him even though we keep on calling and texting him to follow up on our deposit.

Can we send him a demand letter so we could claim the said amount? Can we still claim the full amount? Your advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

22 month deposit on apartment Empty Re: 2 month deposit on apartment Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:25 am

attyLLL

send a demand letter for the full amount then file a complaint at the bgy if you live in the same city then a small claims case. rules on sc.judiciary.gov.ph

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum