Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

reckless imprudence resulting to damage to property and physical injury.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rain517

Arresto Menor

hello, i would like to get some advice from the lawyers here. My vehicle was hit from behind by a truck. after that i then hit the vehicle infront of me. i sustained a large cut on my left forehead. i paid for my medical expenses. I asked the owner of the vehicle to have my vehicle fixed in a casa since it is where i have my vehicles fixed. my vehicle is a 1997 pajero local version and we got it first hand. the vehicle is well taken care of and got no history of accidents. the secretary of the Chinese owner told me that their insurance would like to have it fixed on a shop of their choice. i told them no. they told me that if i dont like it to have it their way then i might as well sought legal consult.
so that's what i did. i sued the driver for a criminal case of reckless imprudence resulting to damage to property and physical injury. my lawyer sent the owner a demand letter but no reply yet. i would like to sue them too for a civil case for the same charges. I am willing to sort or negotiate with the owner but they are always saying talk to the insurance company. The estimated expenses for repairing the damages to our vehicle is 270,000 pesos. i told the secretary that if they would like to negotiate then talk to me, but they would not. i told them that if they would like to negotiate i would accept 200,000 for the repairs and just shoulder the remaining 70k and i would like to ask for another 50k for the medical expenses and abala. but i think they wont pay up. their insurance cover is only upto 100,000. what are my chances of winning the case and how long could the trial may take? thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum