Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prescription period to file a case?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Prescription period to file a case? Empty Prescription period to file a case? Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:54 am

homerpaez

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty. The check that was issued to us bounced for almost a year. I don't still the the money to file a case because the one I am accusing got all my money. I can't borrow from friends and relatives because they got mad at me dahil "tanga" daw ako.

-Can I still file a case against this man even after one year lapsed?

-Will it weaken my case against him?

-I sent a demand letter to him anmd he received it personally. Is it enough? They said there must also be an affidavit of action and receipt and with witness aside from the demand letter.

Thank you.

2Prescription period to file a case? Empty Re: Prescription period to file a case? Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:33 pm

attyLLL

what proof will you present that he received the letter personally?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Prescription period to file a case? Empty Re: Prescription period to file a case? Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:09 pm

homerpaez

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty. I personally had him sign the demand letter. He signed it. I just got the format of the demand letter from the internet. It has addresses, contact numbers, a sentence informing him that his checks bounced due to closed account. The checks are specified, then a warning giving him "X" number of days to settle or else we may be forced to make necessary actions.Then a closing to contact me.

Questions:

-Is the format good enough?
-He signed the demand letter. Because I delivered it personally. Is it ok? Is there a need for Affidavit of service action taken like the one being given if you send it through mail.
-Is a witness needed?
-Is it true that since it is a criminal case, can I directly file to the police or if not, can I just ask a notary public lawyer to make an affidavit of complaint?
-Is it costy?

Thanks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum