Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sanitation District Mandate to connect to sewers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zatoichi

Arresto Menor

This past week about 33 homes along Colonel Road and Boone Trail Road received the a letter from the Northern Madison County Sanitation District. The letter MANDATES that all homes tap on to the sewer line that was laid last summer. This line was neither requested nor needed by the affected homes in this area. My home has a perfectly good functioning septic system as do the other homes that are being compelled to comply with this MANDATE or risk punitive actions. These punitive actions involve having your water cut off and being fined $10 a day which doubles daily until you submit to this blackmail. In effect the GOVERNMENT can then take your home from you.

Initially the cost to tap on is $1200. But, you also have to purchase a Grinder Pump Motor that costs approximately $2800; and that’s the cheap one. Also you will have to have contractors both plumbing and electrical to come out and make the necessary connections and do the digging to attach your home to this sewer line. Costs will probably be at least another $1000 for this. Then you either have to have your septic tank removed from the ground or have it pumped out and then filled with sand or some other material. This of course will be additional costs for you to bear. And finally your water bills will more than double monthly for your use of the sewage system. This doubling of the water bill is a lowball estimate as the commissioners at the Sanitation Office are unprepared to make a more accurate estimate. The commissioners did say that our water/sewage rates would be higher than cities like Lexington due to fact that there are only 1700 customers they anticipate on this system while Lexington has many thousands.

I attended the Sanitation District meeting on Tuesday April 7 to voice my concerns along with 2 other homeowners. I hope you will take TIME to take a STAND against this intrusion on your rights as an American. So call or go down to the offices of the Northern Madison County Sanitation District and vociferously voice your opposition to this wholesale robbery. In these dire economic times this just compounds the ludicrousness of the actions the Northern Madison County Sanitation District is perpetrating on us.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum