Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

breach of conract?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1breach of conract? Empty breach of conract? Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:01 pm

aimeevania

Arresto Menor

I signed a contract for one school year in a school as a teacher (June 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012). In September, I got sick due to over load of work and so were my two kids. I was on leave for a week and during that time, my aunt and parents were the ones helping us financially since I don't have money to send us to the hospital and buy medicines. My aunt and parents convinced me to go back to the call center or pursue my migration application to Australia instead of being helpless in times like those. Ever since I went back to teaching, I would always ask help from my parents for additional financial support because my pay was more than 50% lower than what I was getting in the call center. I was convinced and so I tendered my immediate resignation. Now, they re asking me to pay the last salary that I got because I was already on leave and never came back to work. After recuperating, I started workng again in a call center. The latest letter I received from them says that it shall not preclude them from charging a case against me. Will I be jailed for that? next question is, Am I not entitled to the prorated 13th month even if they say I am considered terminated? Thanks

2breach of conract? Empty Re: breach of conract? Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:36 pm

attyLLL

no,that was not a criminal act. you are entitled to the 13th month pay, but the company can offset any debts. your remedy is to file a complaint at nlrc

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum