Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Termination of Lease - Advance period of notice

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

euroskies

Arresto Menor

I am renting a residential unit. My lease contract started Jan 2010 and ended Dec 2010. It said in the contract "it may only be renewed upon the Lessor's discretion.

Even though I paid my rent for 2011, my Landlord informs me on Oct 16 that he will terminate the lease with me at the end of Dec of 2011.

The contract doesn't state anything about a advance period of notice before they can terminate.

My question: Isn't there a law that says that if they want to terminate my lease, they have to give at least 3 months' advance notice before they can do so?

2Termination of Lease - Advance period of notice Empty RA 9341 Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Hiflyer68

Arresto Menor

I recommend you do an online search for a copy of RA 9341 (Residential Lease Act), read it, and become familiar with its provisions. Its not as simple as your question, there may be other rights you are entitled to, depending on your situation.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum