Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need Help ASAP

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need Help ASAP Empty Need Help ASAP Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:11 pm

brianochoa

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

I work for a Trading company as a Area Sales Manager. I’m on a 6 months Probationary Contract and currently on my 2nd month. I had my share of absences due to sickness however they were all valid and approved by my superiors. Yesterday Nov 28, 2011 to my surprise the Asst General Manager called me to a small room. The she told me to choose between Termination or Resignation, I asked her what were the grounds? she only said “attendance”. I said I already spoke to my superiors and they even asked for a commitment letter saying I will not absent my self and if it happens again i know the consequences. However after mentioning this to her, she has no idea of what I was talking about. This only means that they do not have any proper communication. This being the case I began to question the validity of the termination and said I will not sign anything because I did not have any due process or even a warning. Then the Asst General Manager told I will be talking with the company Lawyer, again I was surprised that I will be talking to a lawyer. Needless to say I spoke to the Lawyer and the Lawyer tried to persuade me to sign the resignation papers and avoid any hassle. He even mentioned that they already won a lot of cases regarding illegal termination. I said I will not sign any documents because I was not treated fairly. After our conversation I returned company items that were issued to me, I haven’t even finished doing so they told me to leave the premises at ounce. So I was really embarrassed on how they treated me given that I bare the Title of a Manager. My contract states that I will be evaluated but I never got to be evaluated. They did not provide any explanation why they are terminating me they just did.

I’m now seeking assistance with regard to this issue, since I want to file a case against that company.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum