Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Promissory Note

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Promissory Note Empty Promissory Note Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:26 pm

idonthaveone

Arresto Menor

Good Day!

I would like to seek your help. I issued a promissory note to a cellphone company back in April for less thank 50K. The said note was sent through email. For the first 5 months, i was able to pay my dues on the 15th and 30th of the month. There were 2 or 3 instances where I was not able to pay them on time but notified them.

Currently, I am unable to pay them due to financial constraints. My last payment was made back in Sep 30. I am left with a 30K balance. Since I was not able to comply, the collections agency is giving me until Nov 25 to pay the full amount. I am not trying to run away from my obligations, but I dont have that amount. I tried to negotiate but they said that's the only option I have - pay the full amt.

My questions are:
1. Can I go to jail because of this?
2. How can I have another payment arrangement?
3. Is this estafa or breach of contract? How do promissory notes play in PHilippines' Justice/Legal System?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks!

2Promissory Note Empty Re: Promissory Note Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:24 am

attyLLL

why did you make a promissory note to them?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Promissory Note Empty Re: Promissory Note Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:07 pm

idonthaveone

Arresto Menor

I was delayed in paying my dues. They said they will accept my payment and create a payment plan for me but I need to send a promissory note. They emailed me a form and asked me to scan it and send it to them with my signature.

At first I was hesitant to send it, but they said my payment arrangement will be cancelled if I don't send it.

Will I go to jail?
I keep on contacting them asking if they can give me until Dec 2 so I can pay my unpaid balance but they are not replying.

What are the possible things that may happen and what can I do?

Thanks for your reply.

4Promissory Note Empty Re: Promissory Note Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:22 am

idonthaveone

Arresto Menor

I am really hoping I can get an answer from you guys. Please. I'm afraid I might go home one day and see policemen waiting for me.

Is this scenario possible?

5Promissory Note Empty Re: Promissory Note Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:39 pm

maanlim0730

Arresto Menor

Atty i really need an answer to this ....I have question regarding the promissory note for submitting documents....what are the consequences if I did not submit the said documents at the date stated in the promissory note...will I be sued or any worse scenario

6Promissory Note Empty Re: Promissory Note Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:40 pm

maanlim0730

Arresto Menor

Hope there will be a reply .....

7Promissory Note Empty Re: Promissory Note Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:49 pm

maanlim0730

Arresto Menor

Hope there will be a reply .....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum