Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

accused of stealing a laptop

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1accused of stealing a laptop Empty accused of stealing a laptop Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:39 pm

blaimey

Arresto Menor

Good day!!! A friend of mine has been accused of stealing a laptop. The complainant escalated this issue to the baranggay hall... During the investigation, the tenants of the boarding house made their statements... It turned out that the baranggay councilor who presided the hearing sort of pushed the issue towards my friend... Since he is the only person in the building during that time but without his knowledge, there was also this other tenant who was there... Point 1: My friend told the councilor that around 2:50 he went out from his room to go to this mini store downstairs. He went back to his room at around 3:30, this time, he saw the other tenant, about to go out because she has to go home to her province. Point 2: My friend told the councilor that on 2:50 he saw that the room's light was on (where the laptop was placed) and heard a vibrating sound like that of the electric fan. The other tenant's statement, she said that the light was off (as you can see she went out at around 3:30 where my friend went back to his room). It turned out that the councilor made the other tenant's statement to be strong, therefore indicting my friend to be responsible for the loss. Point3: That other tenant did not see that my friend was holding the laptop. Therefore, there were no witnesses and evidence...
Point 4: Had my friend really stole the laptop, that other tenant could have heard the door from the other room while it was being opened. (Their rooms are actually beside each other) The only problem is, my friend agreed to pay for the laptop. I asked him why. He said that because the investigation clearly pointed him as the suspect, he was left with no choice but to somehow compensate so as to avoid getting this issue to his family... My main concern here is what are the appropriate and legal steps that we can do to somehow defend and counter their claim since his reputation is already at stake... And may I add, one of the reason why he was strongly pushed to be the suspect was because, the complainants family went to this withcraft thing kung baga, dun sila nagpahula kung sino ang salarin... So it seemed that they preempted that my friend is the suspect...

Thank you... Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum