Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

motorcycle accident

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1motorcycle accident Empty motorcycle accident Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:25 am

Taki

Arresto Menor

yung kaibigan ko was involve in an accident. he was riding car and a motorcycle hit him. according to him it was the fault of the motorcycle.

the motorcycle was traveling very fast and was not able to brake and it hit his car. The rider was seriously hurt and was taken to the hospital.

At the precinct, the police told him that if he would not agree to shoulder all the hospital bills they will put him in jail and can only post bail after 4 days (long weekened kasi).

dahil sa takot nya makulong ng 4 days he agreed to sign a document stating that he will pay for the hospital bills.

now, he is having second thoughts about paying all the bills since the accident is not his fault.

can he reason that he signed the doc (abt paying the bills) because he was afraid to be jailed for four days and use that to free himself from the responsibilty .

2motorcycle accident Empty Re: motorcycle accident Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:41 pm

attyLLL

if he reneges, the case can continue.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3motorcycle accident Empty Re: motorcycle accident Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:12 am

Taki

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:if he reneges, the case can continue.

Atty,

But what will be his remedy? it is unfair for him to pay hospital bills if the accident was not his fault.

He just agreed to shoulder the hospital bills so he wont be in jail.

cant he say, he just signed the agreement bec of the threat of being in jail?

Many thanks!!!!

4motorcycle accident Empty Re: motorcycle accident Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:08 pm

attyLLL

if it will be a criminal case, it will not be about the agreement, but whether he was negligent in operating the motor vehicle

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5motorcycle accident Empty Re: motorcycle accident Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:56 pm

ascruz

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon, a single motorcycle having 3 passengers, driving so fast, without wearing helmets, the motor plate says "for registration" hit my car. The motorcycle went to my "right of way" , it came from the other way (the opposite way) and were brought to the hospital. Another motorcycle was involved coming from my back as I was trying to avoid the "fast motorcyle". The motorcyle coming from my back made a statement in the police station that the "fast motorcyle" were not on their right of way and as a result hit my car and now they are in the hospital for treatment.

Will I be in any way be obliged to pay for the hospital expenses of those people.

My car was damaged also.

Kindly advice atty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum