Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHANGE OF SURNAME

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CHANGE OF SURNAME Empty CHANGE OF SURNAME Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:08 pm

abevin

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I would like to seek legal advice about my surname.

I have been using my father's last name throughout my life. However, just last year when I was retrieving some documents required for my wedding, I found out that the surname indicated in my birth certificate was totally different from my father's last name. Aside from that, the father's name stated there was also totally different. The other contents were correct. I was thinking that I was given another person's birth certificate, so I tried to return it. I contested that it wasn't mine. But according to NSO, it was probably mine because most of the contents are correct, particularly my first name, my mother's maiden name and my date of birth. They told me that it is impossible for my mother to give birth twice on the same day.

Is there any possibility that I can change my surname? If so, what are the steps to legally execute this?

Thank you very much

2CHANGE OF SURNAME Empty Re: CHANGE OF SURNAME Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:47 pm

attyLLL

is your mother still alive? talk to her first about this. are your parents married?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3CHANGE OF SURNAME Empty Re: CHANGE OF SURNAME Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:50 am

abevin

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your reply. Yes, my mother is still alive. I asked her about this before. Her explanation was that at the time when they were filing my birth certificate, it was my grandmother (her aunt) who erroneously indicated someone else's name under my father's name. And yes, my parents are married.

4CHANGE OF SURNAME Empty Re: CHANGE OF SURNAME Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:15 pm

attyLLL

then the solution is a court petition for correction of birth certificate.

5CHANGE OF SURNAME Empty Re: CHANGE OF SURNAME Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:41 am

abevin

Arresto Menor

Can you tell me the steps for such petition? How much will it cost me?

By the way, I was told by someone from the city hall to make an affidavit of correction. Here are the exact lines from the said document:

I, (MY FULL NAME), of legal age, single, Filipino, and with postal address at (MY ADDRESS), after having been duly sworn to in accordance with law, do hereby depose and say:

That I was born on (MY BIRTHDATE) in (MY BIRTHPLACE) from Spouses (MY MOTHER AND MY FATHER'S NAMES);

That the facts of my birth was duly registered at the Local Civil Registrar in (CITY);

That my father's name was erronneously registered as FULGENIO M. NATAN in my birth certificate; by the person whom my mother asked to register my facts of birth;

That since the start of my schooling I have been registering my father's name as (MY FATHER'S NAME); and

That I have been known that my father's name is (MY FATHER'S NAME) and not FULGENIO NATAN;

That the true and correct name of my father is (MY FATHER'S NAME);

That I am executing this affidavit to attest the truth of all foregoing statements and facts for whatever purpose it may serve particularly in my application for marriage license.

AFFIANT FURTHER SAYETH NAUGHT.

Please tell me your opinion about this affidavit. Thank you very much for your help.

6CHANGE OF SURNAME Empty Re: CHANGE OF SURNAME Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:21 am

attyLLL

i would say the civil registrar is not required to acknowledge the affidavit, but you can try.

7CHANGE OF SURNAME Empty Re: CHANGE OF SURNAME Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:02 pm

derzma

Arresto Menor

Hello pho,

I dont know where to start, but I do have a question. My Son is using his mother's sir name. We are long seperated and not married. My son is in 3rd year highschool now, and he was asking if he can use my sirname instead. how can change his surname to mine legally.

Your help is greated appreciated.

Thanks,

Derzma

8CHANGE OF SURNAME Empty Re: CHANGE OF SURNAME Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:28 pm

attyLLL

execute an authorization to use surname of the father and file at the civil registrar where his birth certificate was registered

9CHANGE OF SURNAME Empty Re: CHANGE OF SURNAME Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:32 pm

happyalready

Arresto Menor

good day!!

We forged the signature of my ex- boyfriend when I gave birth to my now 6 year old son thinking that I would be able to get some assistance from him. But we were just always getting help from his mom because she felt sorry for the kid but she herself recommended to get away from the relationship because he has a lot of women who he also had a kid but never gave support. (What I found out he has 4, mine was the 3rd. I was able to talk to the women thru his mom also)

When I left their home (because he is not always there) I never heard from him after a day asking where I was, until now. Last I know that he is in Olongapo but we're not sure because it's only in facebook. Now that account is no longer available.

Now my son is going to school this year, and I don't want him to use his surname. My boyfriend is willing to use his surname but he had a past marriage which we think is null & void because his ex wife is his aunt thru blood relation because his mom & his ex wife are 1st cousins.

Would it be possible for you to shed some light on this very complicated situation?

Is my partner's former marriage is really void? Because we plan to get married, how will we be able to null the marriage. And what can we do about changing my son's surname? Thank you!!

10CHANGE OF SURNAME Empty Re: CHANGE OF SURNAME Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:17 am

abevin

Arresto Menor

It's me again. It's been a while since I inquired here. Thank you for always replying promptly.

The last time, you said:
attyLLL wrote:i would say the civil registrar is not required to acknowledge the affidavit, but you can try.

In case I apply for a passport, would the said affidavit be enough for my birth certificate to be accepted, even without the acknowledgement from the civil registrar? Thank you once again and Godspeed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum