Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need advice pls

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need advice pls Empty Need advice pls Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:06 am

pqrstuv

Arresto Menor

Gud AM Attys,

I'm sorry I'm not sure where to get quick advice, everyone is on vacation.

I was a former employee from a certain x coy (actually no longer an active company), and it was unfortunate that my ex-boss recently died. The car that we are using it before is under the name of my spouse (not employed to the company)thru financing for 5 years, so we got it brand new and it will be 2 years old the next coming months. So, if you are to sum up the total balance for 3 more years, its almost the amount of a brand new unit if you are pay it as cash.

Considering the person who is using it (my ex-boss) doesn't have any relative, or family, who do you think has the right to claim the car ownership and have the privelege to continue the financing?

And more info, the down payment including the first year is all under my name. Lumalabas is, my ex-boss was just an end user and he is continuing the payment then.

Do you think that his current employee has the right to claim it? We're hearing that this person is trying to do something just to get the unit.

What we are worried about is that, recently I was called by the police saying I was a liar and he can file a case against me and my spouse because we're not the owner of the car. The current employee basically went to the station, saying that my ex-boss and me has internal agreement, but we didn't have any.

Stressful feeling, that's why I'm looking for advice that may boost up our confidence about the case.

Its unorganized, sorry about that. We would appreciate for any advice you may have.

Thanks.

Danielle

2Need advice pls Empty Re: Need advice pls Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:36 am

attyLLL

so you didn't give out any money, but want to claim the car because it is in your name?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Need advice pls Empty Re: Need advice pls Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:41 am

Brainpicker

Arresto Menor

AttLLl. Hello. This will be out of the blue. Question.. I want to file a lawsuit to an employer that terminated me and not paying me properly. First, I'm not getting my payment after fourtyfive days to sixty days which is not based on my contract since I'm only a trainee or not permanent yet. 2nd of all, after termination, I was kept for another 4 hours waiting for the papers as they said to get signitures from individuals to release me from them. 3rd of all it took me another whole day to look and waited for these people that needed to sign to be released. I have a contract that says when I can be paid not specifying my condition and situation. Another policy was applied over my contract. How can I file a lawsuit with my scenario?

4Need advice pls Empty Re: Need advice pls Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:13 am

attyLLL

brain, but were you paid eventually?

5Need advice pls Empty Re: Need advice pls Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:38 am

pqrstuv

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:so you didn't give out any money, but want to claim the car because it is in your name?

Hello Atty,

Some amount of the down payment and the first year is ours. Do I not have the right to claim in that regard for us to continue the financing, or is it better to just tell the car company giving it back to them saying I can no longer pay for the monthly, so I won't have any obligation anymore?

If I'm not, then who have the right to do it?

Thanks.

6Need advice pls Empty Re: Need advice pls Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:00 pm

attyLLL

if you paid for the first year, why did the car end up with your boss?

if the car is registered to your wife, that is prima facie proof that she is the owner, and someone has to prove otherwise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum