Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

suspension without just cause

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1suspension without just cause Empty suspension without just cause Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:07 am

nicoleCCC

Arresto Menor

Hello Attorney!

I would like to inquire the following items because I feld that I was sanctioned without just cause:

1. Can the immediate supervisor of the complainant be part of the deciding committee? Is it legal that the people in the disciplinary committee are directly connected to either the complainant or the accused?
2. Witnesses' statements were all in favor to me but I was still sanctioned.
3. The company can't define the sanctions that were issued.

Thanks in advance!

2suspension without just cause Empty Re: suspension without just cause Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:44 pm

attyLLL

yes, they can be part of the committee. what sanction did you receive? what were you accused of?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3suspension without just cause Empty Re: suspension without just cause Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:20 pm

nicoleCCC

Arresto Menor

i was given a suspension sanction for a malicious and offensive remark which was uttered in jest and the context of the statement was really a joke. also the complainants are my office friends so the comfort level is there plus the fact that it is "legal" and usual in the office to joke around. this argument/reasoning was solidified by the witnesses' testimonies.

if the company doesn't have a clear definition of these offenses (malicious and offensive), of how actions can be tagged as malicious and offensive, and just stated that the definitions are the same as merriam-webster's definition, is it safe to say that profanity or harmful statements are the only applicable to this case? also, if a person says that they were offended by just a single word which is not identified in the employee handbook (and filed an incident report against me), can i contest it and bring it to nlrc since i was issued a suspension sanction?

and by the way attorney, if i'm just rendering days when the investigation/hearing took place, is the sanction still valid?

thank you attorney!

4suspension without just cause Empty Re: suspension without just cause Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:45 am

attyLLL

you can contest the suspension by filing a case at nlrc.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5suspension without just cause Empty Re: suspension without just cause Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:34 pm

nicoleCCC

Arresto Menor

thank you attorney!

6suspension without just cause Empty Re: suspension without just cause Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:00 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

if there's no definite violations based on your handbook then there's no violations committed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum