Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Filipino citizen residing in USA, can i be arrested in the USA?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mr.rounder

Arresto Menor

Hello atty,

I was living in the philippines and had a relationship with someone who was married. When i found out she was married, i was furious and started making threats to the girl. Now they filed a case against me of threats and defamination. My family in the philippines said there was a subpoena for me and the NBI was looking for me. I'm am a filipino citizen but a permanent resident in the US. I am back in the US now. My question is, can i be arrested here in the US because i have a case in the philippines? another question is, will there be a warrant for my arrest in the philippines? I never received the subpoena, my grandmother in the philippines just advised me of the subpoena. Thanks

attyLLL

it is technically possible, but very difficult. the philippine government has to request it, and this is hardly a priority.

if they are able to prove their allegations,and more so if you don't refute them, then a warrant will be eventually issued against you.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum