Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Filipino married to US Citizen

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Filipino married to US Citizen Empty Filipino married to US Citizen Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Jacklyn

Arresto Menor

Hi.

I'm a Filipina married to a US Citizen. Our marriage took place here in the Phils.
Can a foreign citizen get married here even if he's still married in his country?

2Filipino married to US Citizen Empty Re: Filipino married to US Citizen Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:39 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

That would be bigamous, and the marriage would be void even if done here in the Philippines. Most likely, he will not be able to secure from his embassy a certificate that he is legally capacitated to marry, which he will need to get married here in the Philippines. In such case, he would have to secure a divorce first under American law so that he can be allowed to remarry. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/annulment-nullity-marriage

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum