Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can you lend the money that you don't own?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

scrollworm

Arresto Menor

We're in a complicated situation right now. We borrowed money from a "private lender" (as they claimed). Since business is not doing good, we weren't able to pay so we asked for extensions or made it conditional that we will pay if we have the money. They kept harassing us with text messages that they will bring their lawyer if we don't pay.

(NOTE: I borrowed Php 45,000 and the interest rate was 20%, a month. It was surprisingly high but I thought it was okay until I asked my friend, an accountant. She said the interest was too high and I might be paying more interest than the principal.)

We didn't receive any demand letter and the text messages kept coming. They said "gagawa kami ng paraan para makulong kayo".

We had an agreement that we will create another contract that I should have settled the payment before or on December 15 and we will have it notarized. I was okay with it.

But my problem is this: her computation was vague. When I asked about her computation, she said "magulo, e" (she reasoned that she had a lot of accounts to handle and she's quite confused). She just said that the principal amount is Php 41,400 and interest of Php 17,400. I paid some amount of interests - we didn't receive acknowledgement receipts [I didn't know about this until my friend, accountant, inquired about them])

That was too high. I've only loaned the amount on May. If anyone could help me please PM me. I'm going to meet her again to read the promissory note. I am not really good in Math and I needed the money that time because my business was falling. Please help!

attyLLL

do you have a written loan agreement?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum