Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does a husband have a right over a property that his deceased wife inherited from her parents?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

larukugirl

Arresto Menor

My mother inherited a property from her parents and that property is under her name. She passed away and left a will stating that she is leaving the property to us, her 3 kids. We (3 kids) want to transfer the property under our name but my dad wants to be included as well. Does my father have any right over that property? Can we transfer it in our name without his consent? We really want to follow our mother last wish. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

manilenio

Arresto Menor

Here's my opinion on this matter, please correct me if I'm wrong:

Even with a last will and testament, your father is a compulsory heir. please see articles 886, 887, and 897 of Republic Act No. 386, known as The Civil Code of the Philippines. Also, don't forget to go through probate court to validate the will.

http://www.manilenio.o.cc

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum