Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Father of son not getting my permission when he takes 1year-old son to places

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jackbajar

Arresto Menor

Hi Attorney,

Sorry if this happens to be an old topic but i tried searching for relevant discussions here and found none.

Need your help on what's really the low down on this situation:

I let the dad borrow my son for an overnight stay at their house ever since we separated ways (son was about 6months old).

It seems the dad is taking my son out to places (like a trip to Ocean Park, Tagaytay, etc etc) without getting my permission/letting me know. When I confronted him about this, he said that whenever I do the same, I don't let him know or I never ask for his permission, so he does not feel he have to report to me about their whereabouts when my son is with him.

It should be noted that for peace sake only that I agreed to him borrowing my son even though I think my son is too small to be away from me even for a night. the dad didn't want to do a visitation saying he's not comfortable in my parents house so he wouldn't enjoy his bonding time with son. It should be mentioned as well that the dad does not regularly give financial support for his son. Aside from the occasional buying of milk, the diapers son use when he's at the dad's house, or the occasional 500-1K he gives to me, I can't really consider that he is supporting his child.

I guess I can accept trips to the nearby mall (although I prefer he let me know as well). So far, he has not taken my son to really far trips or out of the country but I'm afraid when these happen and I will be uninformed.

My take on this is that I don't have to get his permission on anything I do with my son as the legal guardian, but he has to report to me and get my permission since he's only the biological father.

Any advise?

attyLLL

are you married? did he sign the birth certificate?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

jackbajar

Arresto Menor

No, we are not married and yes, he signed the birth certificate

attyLLL

the mother of an illegitimate child has exclusive parental authority and custody.

the father has visitation rights. if you want to take a hardline position, you can deny him visitation. if he cuts off support, you can file a case of economic violence against him.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

jackbajar

Arresto Menor

that is noted attorney. thanks a lot...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum