Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wrongful or Unfair dismissal

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wrongful or Unfair dismissal Empty Wrongful or Unfair dismissal Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 pm

DonGabriel

Arresto Menor

HELP I need your HELP please..

Scenario:

1. My employment is bonded for 200k (12months) for the 6wks training abroad but the training lasted for only 5wks and the remaining allowances were returned.

2. I requested for training bond revision several times, as I believe that bond should be based on the actual weeks of training took place.

3. HR manager agreed on the revisions but it never happened because the other HR head contest that its based on the knowledge impart and not on the expenses incurred during the training.

4. I filed resignation (reason: i can no longer comply with the Attendance policy) on tentative effective dates, but within the 30days notice as I believe that they will revise the bond and the new end date will take effect.

5. A day after I filed a resignation HR coaching was given, asked to see thru the end of the training bond and be in the office on time - i signed on the coaching docs but verbally admitted to the HR that i can no longer wait till the bond expires and can not even come to the office on time. and received 2 more notices on my attendance

6. I requested HR for flexi timing for me to see thru the end of the bond but HR directs me to my manager who rejected my request

7. i requested again for flexi timing, immediate manager agreed but the ops mgr disproved

8. filed another resignation letter effective date still based on my expected bond end date but the immediate manager did not submit the letter to the HR. I do not have a hard copy.

9. I underwent hearing where i was given 2 options, to resign immediately or go thru the long process which may take upto 2months according to HR.

10. i did not file the resignation presuming that i will go thru the long process as per advice by other managers.

11. the following day termination letter is served effective immediately.

12. i was so confused and depressed so i just accepted the termination.

Questions:
1. is this considered wrongful or unfair dismissal?
2. may laban ba ako? Kanino at pano ako lalaban?
3. can i demand for my back pay and employment certificate?
4. should the training bond be amended?
5. how can i depend myself to my new employer?

2Wrongful or Unfair dismissal Empty Re: Wrongful or Unfair dismissal Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:05 pm

attyLLL

what is the basis of your termination? you went awol?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Wrongful or Unfair dismissal Empty Re: Wrongful or Unfair dismissal Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:42 pm

DonGabriel

Arresto Menor

no, but i keep on coming in late. and the reason for my resignation was i can no longer comply with the company schedule, but my immediate manager did not accept my resignation and did not forward it to the HR..instead asked me to do flexi timing, and he was the one who asked me to get the approval from HR and upper management, but i can not justify it as everything was done verbally. so i was surprise when i undergone coaching till it reached termination as i have already submitted my resignation twice and they are the one who asked me to stay a little longer til i finished the training bond.

4Wrongful or Unfair dismissal Empty Re: Wrongful or Unfair dismissal Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:59 pm

attyLLL

what is the reason behind our tardiness? on the notice to explain or care form, how many instances of tardiness were cited?

are you after reinstatement? or that they just allow you to resign?

5Wrongful or Unfair dismissal Empty Re: Wrongful or Unfair dismissal Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:59 pm

DonGabriel

Arresto Menor

health condition and personal problems was the reason for my tardiness which happened almost everyday.

i am not after the reinstatement, i just want them to revise the training bond based on the actual training weeks so i will not be charged 200k for resigning my post.

6Wrongful or Unfair dismissal Empty Re: Wrongful or Unfair dismissal Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:00 pm

attyLLL

you can file an illegal termination case; you have the right to question the basis of your termination. during the mediation, you can settle with the company regarding these matters in exchange for dropping the case.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum