Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE POSSIBILITY TO GET A MARRIAGE LICENSE WITH LACKING REQUIREMENT

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aizmehen

Arresto Menor

Hi...i am getting married to a foreigner and we are set to get married civilly this september.but then we found out a certificate of legal capacity is needed for us to be able to apply for a marriage license...and for that we were not prepared and we are running short of time as there is still that 10 day requirement of the city hall (or the LCR) before we are given our license number...and that given the situation he cannot come earlier than planned which is 5 days before the wedding.

everything is set now..the date,the reception, invitations are out...but this problem.

my question now is, would there be a chance or a way for us to talk with the judge to give us a license yet and the requirement we shall give as soon as my fiance comes to the philippines.or is this a firm NO, if lacking requirements or YES, if complete requirements..no consideration to be given at all(like case to case basis)..

please, please.HELP ME.....the wedding must pushed through...otherwise, this is a real public humiliation for my family in the philippines..

attyLLL

how long do you still have before the wedding?

getting a certificate of legal capacity shouldn't take that long. if he's not here, he can request his government, normally through the equivalent of the DFA or their LCR. if he's here, he can go to his embassy and request it. Some governments, like the US, allow you to just issue an affidavit.

Talk to the LCR if they will allow your application to be filed before he arrives.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

aizmehen

Arresto Menor

THANK YOU FOR REPLYING, ATTYLLL..

WE STILL HAVE 3 WEEKS TO WAIT BEFORE THE WEDDING THOUGH BUT IM REALLY SO SO WORRIED CAUSE I DONT THINK HE CAN GET HERE EARLIER THAN WHAT WAS PLANNED. HE IS JUST TRYING TO BOOK A FLIGHT AS CHANCE PASSENGER.

ATTYLLL, HOW ABOUT THE REQUIREMENT OF HIM TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT IN GETTING THE MARRIAGE LICENSE?ARE ALL THE LCR OFFICES IN THE ENTIRE PHILIPPINES SO STRICT WITH THAT?OR ARE THERE SOME WHO CAN JUST BE A LITTLE CONSIDERATE?IF THERE IS, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE THAT IS...CAUSE AS OF KNOW I CAN ONLY SHOW THEM HIS DOCUMENTS AND MINE.

ATTYLLL, WHY IS IT NEEDED THAT BOTH OF US ARE PRESENT IN APPLYING FOR IT?CAN I NOT TAKE A FORM AND BRING IT HOME AND WE SIGN IT AND THEN RETURN IT BACK ACCOMPLISHED ALREADY TO THEM? I AM THINKING OF LIKE SENDING HIM THE DOC THROUGH FAX AND RETURN IT BACK TO ME THRU FAX TOO AFTER SIGNING IT.

AND YES, I AM REALLY THINKING TO EVEN PLEAD TO LCR OFFICIALS JUST TO GIVE ME THE LICENSE ON TIME..AND ILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES...I PRAY, I WOULD...IM SO GETTING HOPELESS SIR...BUT THANK YOU FOR REPLYING AND IT GAVE ME A RELIEF SOMEHOW.

problematicever

Arresto Menor

u can get your certificate of legal capacity to marry tru US Embassy Cebu City. you can do it walk in...kasi sa US Embassy Manila, need talaga by appointment and u need to do it online....
search mo website ang US embassy Cebu City para malaman mo ano mga requirements.
i hope it helps you..saka di talaga pwude mag issue ng marriage license ang LCR kung kulang docs nyo... kasal din ako ng american citizen recently...

attyLLL

technically, both have to be present when applying. good luck

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum