Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nullity of Marriage due to Fake Marriage License

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

trekkerinaction

Arresto Menor

I'd like to know more on how to nullify a marriage pls. Got married 2005 separated 2009 when HE went to Saudi, di na po kami nagkita since then. He's now in Canada and nabalitaan ko na nagpakasal na sya sa isang canadian. Upon hearing the news, I checked po agad with a PAO lawyer kung anung mabuting gawin. He then asked me kung paano naidaos yung kasal: (details as follow)

1. I was 18 then at the time of marriage, he was 21 ( no parent's consent )

2. sa bahay po namin ginawa ang kasal

3. I remembered we were just outside the QC City Hall nung may kinakausap kami para makakuha ng solemnizing officer, we paid her 1.5K sa labas ng City hall ang transactions.

4. we didn't attend any seminars for family planning or to get any licenses.

I was advised by the PAO lawyer to go to Civil Registry to get a copy of the License, after 3 days nakuha ko po yung copy. THE LICENSE WAS NOT OURS, nakapangalan po sa ibang tao, ibang address. Sabi sa akin, Nullity po ang i-file and not Annulment. ( Nung bumalik po ako from ladies room, wala na po yung PAO Officer, di ko na po natanong next step ko )

How do i file Nullity or valid po ba for Nullity ang case ko? Gusto ko narin po sanang magpakasal ulit. May kasama na po ako for 7years ang we're starting to have our businesses together, worried lang talaga ako sa mga properties if ever. Salamat.

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, what you should file is a petition for declaration of nullity of marriage. For lack of a valid marriage license, your marriage is void. But in order to get married again, you need to get a declaration of nullity of marriage from the court. If you don't, your second marriage will be void also.

The petition will be filed in your city of residence. You will need a lawyer to represent you because it will involve court proceedings.

If you need legal assistance, you may email km@kgmlegal.ph

Regards,
Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum