Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

parental advise

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1parental advise Empty parental advise Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Sandra G

Arresto Menor

hello.. im 22 and my fiance will be 26 on january next year.. he is pure filipino but he's already an austrian citizen.. we are planning to get married on january so i can go to austria by mid of next year... we already attended the marriage counselling seminar last july 26 and we already have the certificate.. we have all the requirements already except for the parental advise. my mother is ok with the marriage but my father is not.. so obviously, i cannot have the parental advise.. this is actually like a secret marriage.. what can we possibly do in order to push through with the marriage on january? is it possible to get married without the parental advise? or can we just get married in another country? we're both clueless.. please i need an advice on this.. my fiance has spent a lot already and i dont want it to be wasted..

thank you!

2parental advise Empty Re: parental advise Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:12 pm

mangjayson

Arresto Menor

Art. 62
Males above twenty but under twenty-five years of age, or females above eighteen but under twenty-three years of age, shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage shall not take place till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application for marriage license. A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought, together with the written advice given, if any, shall accompany the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn declaration. (n)

3parental advise Empty Re: parental advise Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:31 pm

attyLLL

just apply for the marriage license and state that you do not have parental consent. this will cause a delay of at least 90 days in the processing but it will be issued anyway.

note that the civil registrar may also require your fiance to produce a certificate of elligibility to marry from his embassy

Last edited by attyLLL on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4parental advise Empty Re: parental advise Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Sandra G

Arresto Menor

thanks so much for the reply.. but i have a further question.. is the certificate of elligibility the same with the license to contract marriage which will be given by the austrian embassy?

the delay in getting the marriage license will only be 30 days? i thought 3 months if no parental advice?

thanks a lot.. Smile

5parental advise Empty Re: parental advise Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:18 pm

Sandra G

Arresto Menor

pahabol po.. wala na po bang ibang paraan para magpakasal without parental advise? ang haba po kasi ng 30 days na hihintayin.. hindi maka leave from work ng ganun kahaba yung fiance ko at magastos naman masyado kung pabalik2 xa dito.. Sad

if ever magwork na po ako sa ibang bansa hopefully, pwede po ba na sa philippine consulate kami magpakasal? kailangan pa rin po ba ng parental advise dun?

6parental advise Empty Re: parental advise Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:30 pm

attyLLL

you are correct, it's 3 months. yes, you will still need a a marriage license if you marry at the consulate.

i cannot advise you to get married using a fixer to hasten your marriage.

7parental advise Empty Re: parental advise Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Sandra G

Arresto Menor

hello po.. nagpunta na po ako sa LCR kanina nagtanong kung pwede po ba magpakasal without the parental advise.. sabi nung babae 18-24 yrs old needed daw yun tapos sabi ko pano pag hindi payag yung father? she said walang kasalang magaganap. Sad im so sad.. i feel so helpless and hopeless about this.. hay nako! pano po ba to? Sad

8parental advise Empty Re: parental advise Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:43 pm

attyLLL

that's not lawful. Ask to talk to the her supervisor and insist on the provisions of Art. 15 and 16 of the Family Code:

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor. A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought, together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement. (62a)

Art. 16. In the cases where parental consent or parental advice is needed, the party or parties concerned shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, attach a certificate issued by a priest, imam or minister authorized to solemnize marriage under Article 7 of this Code or a marriage counselor duly accredited by the proper government agency to the effect that the contracting parties have undergone marriage counseling. Failure to attach said certificates of marriage counseling shall suspend the issuance of the marriage license for a period of three months from the completion of the publication of the application. Issuance of the marriage license within the prohibited period shall subject the issuing officer to administrative sanctions but shall not affect the validity of the marriage.

Should only one of the contracting parties need parental consent or parental advice, the other party must be present at the counseling referred to in the preceding paragraph. (n)

9parental advise Empty Re: parental advise Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:48 pm

Sandra G

Arresto Menor

ok i'm also going to ask for a local lawyer's help regarding this matter.. thank u so much.. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum