Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

new policy set for tardiness, freight charges for returned goods & profit sharing

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rap121499

Arresto Menor

good day!

i would just like to know if the new policy set by the management is fair :

previous policy for tardiness is :
3days tardy = 1/2 day deduction on
salary
6 days tardy = 1 day deduction
this is for every payroll period (15h
& 30th)

new policy set is :
3 days late in a year = verbal warning
6 days = written warning
9 days = 3days suspension
12 days = i forgot the # of days
15 days = termination

is this kind of policy set on tardiness fair considering the number of working days in a year?

2. as to freight charges :
our company is incurring freight charges for those medicines that were being returned by our customers in so many reasons (e.g. the customer just refused to accept the delivery, payment was not yet ready, delivery was already previously served, there was an error in invoicing like the price or the deals the were being given to customers), now they set a memo that all returned goods regardless of the reason(s) will be charged/deducted from salary of the salesrep & to those person(s) particulary in invoicing dept. freight charge is computed as 3% of the invoice value.
is this kind of charges be deducted from the salary of the employee?

3. profit sharing :
yearly our company is having a profit sharing, certain amount is being shared only among the salesperson (medreps) & the management except for the rank & file. their reason is that rank & file is already receiving their salary as remuneration for the work served & at the same time they reasoned out that rank & file has no contribution in generation of sales. is this correct? is it just fair that since all employees had worked for the company to achieve a profit at year-end then this should be shared to all & not just to those involve in sales or to the managers?

i'm hoping you can enlighten me, thank you for taking your time.

alex_rap Smile

attyLLL

i would argue that the tardiness policy is too harsh. you can try to challenge it now, but the effective time to do so is if one is actually suspended or terminated.

that is not fair. there has to be fault proven after due process

it may not seem fair, but unless you have a contractual right to profit sharing, it is not illegal to leave you out.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum