Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Confession of employee who filed illegal dismissal but went AWOL

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

minichamps

Arresto Menor

My staff who filed illegal dismissal, non payment of salary asking for atty's fee confessed infront of the police during our meeting that he was not terminated. He went for a day off and never come back. The cops was able to recover my business documents and files that he took from the shop. Can i use this as evidence plus the previous co
Plaints i have prior to him filling a labor case that we have money missing and stocks. We have written testimony from somebody that he have my business documents that's why we were able to recover it today. All his accusations were not true and i can prove it since he signs every payday.
What case can i file against him for taking company documents and saying bad things about me and the company. I have witnesses that can prove it.

Last edited by minichamps on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional info)

attyLLL

but after these events, did you follow proper procedure to terminate his employment? you gave him a notice to explain, a hearing and a termination letter?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

minichamps

Arresto Menor

I never terminate him, he went for a day off and never came back. We waited and at times one of my shop will close cause i dont have staff. During the inventory and the cash shortage i hold a meeting and asked for a letter of explanation they only texted me. After a month things didnt change he was the only one at the shop missing stocks and missing money since we are using POS i had to close the shop and just transferred him. Then same thing happened to the other branch and he just left. Woth him he took company documents and impt papers. Business permits, bank authorization and my ordeal had began people say i am borrowing money or opening up shop and putting my shop as collateral wherein i dont. Until one witnessed showed up and told me who have my documents and cops asked him to give it back and they went to their house. Then he afmitted he was not fired and was just scared to come back to work.

attyLLL

i recommend you take the position that he has not been prevented from returning to work and he is still considered an employee on awol status. if you take the position that he has been terminated, it will be your burden to prove that it was done under a valid procedure and a valid purpose.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

minichamps

Arresto Menor

Thanks atty. Case is now dismissed since he didnt attend 3 hearing. I will mail
Him a letter asking for an explanation but if he dont reply can i send a termibation letter. Its been 3 months that he have not shown to work. My inventory and cash is ok niw but during the time he is the cashier stocks and a huge amount of cas is missing. And he is the only one there. I want to file a case for this and at the same time for taking my documents. He never signed any contract and i waited for gim to come back. He never replied to my texts and i dont know where he lives cause he took all employees documents together with my other files. I hope u can advice what to do cause at times my shop is close cause no staff and i need to hire already. Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum