Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Demotion of Salary

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Demotion of Salary Empty Demotion of Salary Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:08 am

Cire

Arresto Menor

Sir,

Will it be against labor code if the management transferred you to a different department and reduce your expected salary and benefits because you were assigned in the morning shift.The scenario was there will be a lateral transfer from one department to another. My shifts starts at 4pm and ends at 1am. If your shift falls off at 9pm onwards you will have an allowance. for 5 months now i am enjoying those benefits and all of a sudden we were informed that we will be transferred to a different department and they might take off our allowance. Managements told us that lateral transfer was base on performance. They evaluated our performance and they say that they chose us because we qualified to the other department because we don't have any CA,attendance issues and our metrics are good. We don't have any issues regarding the transfer but the demotion on salary and benefits is not ok with us. They say that we cannot dispute this nor decline it.hope you can give us an advice on this because the allowance is a big chunk of my salary and i'm a mom of 5 kids. Please help me. Godbless

2Demotion of Salary Empty Re: Demotion of Salary Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:11 pm

attyLLL

what was your basic salary and benefits, before and after. separate the two.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Demotion of Salary Empty Re: Demotion of Salary Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:03 pm

Cire

Arresto Menor

Before my basic is 20k plus 300pesos everyday for allowance (6k in 1 month)when you reach 9pm on wards and 20% night diff. my total take home money every month is almost 22k net
Now they will be transferring us to a different department in where it does not covers any allowance because it is on the morning shifts. so possible take home salary is more or less 15k net. They say that this movement is for growth but we cannot sense this because we came from a different department n where there are better benefits compared to our new department. We think that the decision is unfair and unjust because there are representatives that does not perform well but will still enjoying good pays. The operations manager even informed us that we cannot refuse or else we better resign. Attorney please help us. Especially on my part that i am a mom of 5 kids the allowance is big help for me. What should we do?god bless

4Demotion of Salary Empty Re: Demotion of Salary Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:53 pm

attyLLL

but your basic salary is still 20k? in that case, it is part of the management prerogative to move your shift and remove your allowances and the night differential.

5Demotion of Salary Empty Re: Demotion of Salary Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:31 am

Cire

Arresto Menor

so atty it means that if they removed the allowance the transfer is not literally for growth because when we were on our UK account we have allowances. They say that we will be transferred because of our good performance so what will be our gain from being transferred to a diff. dept then.

Is it ok that the OM told us that if we refuse we better resign.

6Demotion of Salary Empty Re: Demotion of Salary Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:49 pm

attyLLL

management has a right to transfer you, or terminate you if your unjustly refuse. the reasons behind the transfer are less important because of the fact of their right to do it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum